Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Things On My Reading Wish List
(In other words, things I want authors to write about.)
I chose to do a mix of things I look for in books, things I enjoy in books, and things I wish more author’s would write about.
In no particular order…
- Dragons – There really aren’t enough books with dragons.
- Magic – Whether it be sorcery, witchcraft, or werewolves, I love it.
- Strong Women – I’m ok if girls are girly, but I like them to be strong in character and not depend on a man to save them.
- Socially Awkward Women/Women Who Don’t Date A Lot – I like to be able to relate to them.
- Good Looking Men – What? I’m single.
- Knights – Who doesn’t want a knight in shining armor? (Even if you can take care of yourself.) Not to mention, books with knights usually have magic. My preference for knights might also be because of #7.
- World Building- This can be fictional or not (i.e. a planet with three moons or England during the regency era), but I like reading about different societies and how the people interact, dress, etc. It makes the book all that much more interesting. How boring would Harry Potter have been if the wizards dressed and acted just like the muggles?
- Comedy – I like to laugh. Too many books these days are serious and dramatic. (I’m talking about you, dystopians.)
- Cats – A lot of books (especially romance) have character’s with pet dogs. I prefer cats.
- Happy Endings
Agree, disagree? Can you think of anything I missed?