Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Goals for 2014
I’ll admit, this feature is one of the reasons I wanted to start a blog; however, I wasn’t quite sure what to write for this topic. First off, I don’t like posting personal things on the internet (I know, why have a blog, right?). Secondly, I don’t really like to do more than one or two goals at a time because, let’s be honest, it’s too much work keeping track of several goals. Not to mention the work of actually doing them.
In any case, I pushed myself and came up with a list of ten goals for this year, most of which have to do with this blog. (I tried to keep them simple in the hopes that I might actually do them).
- Start a blog. (Hooray! I’m done).
- Post at least one entry a month.*** (I’m ahead of schedule).
- Participate in Top Ten Tuesday (I am on fire!)
- Start my own weekly blog meme thingy called Writer’s Block Wednesday. (I know what you’re thinking, but I’ve already accomplished so much I think I will put this off until next week).
- Sit down and write at least once a week. (You’ll note I didn’t clarify what type of writing. Blog posts totally count, and maybe grocery lists too).
- Have outline of current story completed by Jan 31. (Ok, this one is going to require some real effort).
- Write and submit a short story to WOTF. (I stole this from my friend, Niki).
- Reread a series I love, but haven’t read in over two years. (I’m thinking something by David Eddings)
- Exercise at least once a week. (Or if not, discontinue gym membership).
- Do one thing outside my comfort zone. (I’m counting this blog post.)
Well, there you have it. What are your goals?
***The intention of this goal was more about longevity than about frequency. I wanted to make sure I kept working on the blog for at least a whole year, and didn’t just forget about it after a month or so. (Fingers crossed).